Written By: Madison McDaniel
As 2020 has finally drawn to a close, it’s a good time to reflect on the hottest skincare trends of the past year. Which ones should we bring into 2021….and which ones do we leave behind faster than we can say Coronavirus.
With China being the second largest beauty market in the world, it’s always interesting to see what trends they’re leading.These are some of the most interesting trends I’ve seen.
- Double Sided Eyelid Tape- Used to open the eyes and make them appear bigger.(Cute idea….does it work? Sign me up?)
- Eyebrow Stamps-Equals ”On Fleek” eyebrows in minutes
As the country is known for having a certain “Je Ne Sais Quoi”, I was excited to see their beauty trends for last year.
- Red Lips and Black Eyeliner- A classic beauty trend we love, it will never go out of style.
- Natural Eyebrows- Emphasizing natural beauty is amazing, we’re all born beautiful.
African beauty trends are very fascinating to me, I think they’re approach to beauty is a unique and a growing phenomenon.
- Natural Skin- In the past skin bleaching was one of the biggest beauty trends but as of last year, having natural skin was the hottest new thing.(Again natural beauty is so AMAZING)
- Small Business Beauty Promoters – Tons of small African beauty businesses selling things such as Skin Care, Hair Products, and Jewelry are all made authentically there in Africa and have been in high demand from countries like the United States.
As a whole, enhanced natural beauty and diversity was one of the main common themes around the world. I can’t wait to see what the trend will be for 2021 now that things will hopefully be swinging back to normal.