By: Kelsie Matthews, L.E.
Before I entered the Aesthetics industry, I had no idea what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. All I knew was that the medical field was always an interest of mine, and I loved caring for people. In addition to that, I have always had a passion for all things makeup and beauty related. For the longest time, I had no clue how all of those things were going to intertwine into something I would be able to make a career out of and actually enjoy.
About 3 years ago, I was randomly doing some research one day and found out that you can actually go to school for the one job that combined all the things I loved─Aesthetics. I fell in love with the science behind the skin, and learning about all of the different treatments that can be done to improve the largest organ in our body…the skin!
Now that I have been an Esthetician for over 2 years, here are some of the many reasons I have loved being in this industry:
- Amazing people to work with
- Technology is always advancing
- So many opportunities and pathways to go down
- Constantly learning new things
- Meeting people from all over the country/world
- Being able to work in both the beauty industry and medical field
- Creativity and science meet together
- The MedSpa industry is growing exponentially
- Helping people look and feel confident and beautiful
Overall, L Aesthetics & Longevity is an amazing company to work for, and being a part of this family has made my career as an Esthetician amazing so far. My knowledge of the skin and aesthetics has grown tremendously in the past 2 years working here, and I cannot wait to see what is in store for the future!