Written by Lauren Klein
Working in this field we get a lot of questions asked about us in general, services and treatments, and also skincare. I am sure if we are getting some of the same questions asked daily, that YOU might be looking for the answer to some of the same questions.. so here they are, commonly asked questions about L-Aesthetics, services and treatments we offer, and other questions and answers we have gotten before.
What is a medical spa?
For all of the prospective Medical Spa patients the definition of a medical spa is a mix between an aesthetic center and a spa with four core elements: (1) Non-invasive, non-surgical treatments and services (2) Under general supervision of a licensed physician, in our case our MD, Dr. Billy Ledbetter (3) treatments and services performed by trained, licensed, experienced and qualified practitioners, aestheticians, etc. At L-Aesthetics and Longevity we like to be your one stop shop for cosmetic and aesthetic needs!
- Facials, chemical peels, and microdermabrasion
- Facial fillers and Botox injections
- Laser hair removal
- Varicose and spider vein treatment
- Cool Sculpting/ Body contouring
- IV Therapy
- Resurfacing Lasers
- AND MORE!
What are the most popular Treatments?
Chemical Peels are cosmetic treatments that can be applied to the face, hands, and neck. They’re used to improve the appearance and feel of the skin. During this procedure, a chemical solution is applied to the treated area which causes the skin to exfoliate the most outer layers of the skin which you will then start to see “peel” off.
The HydraFacial is well known for its three-step process, which works to deep clean, exfoliate, and hydrate the skin while infusing serums to penetrate the treated area. This treatments is able to help treat a variety of skin concerns and conditions including acne, dryness, all skin types and is something you can do as frequently as every 2 weeks!
The Diamond Glow is another favorite of ours which is a great option. The goals of a Diamond Glow Facial include exfoliation, extraction and hydration. It can treat problems with the skin texture and other concerns like wrinkles, crepey skin, or even dullness of the skin. This treatment is something you can do as frequently as every 2 weeks!
*Botox and Filler
Botox is an injection that block certain chemical signals from nerves, mostly signals that cause muscles to contract. The most common use of these injections is to temporarily relax the facial muscles that cause fine lines and wrinkles on the forehead, in between the brows, crows feet, and can also be used as a lip flip or to help the masseter muscles.
Filler is another injectable treatment option that is designed to decrease the signs of aging. Instead of affecting your facial muscles, fillers are used to plump up different areas of the face which replaces soft tissue, fill in wrinkles and skin folds, and is normal done for under eyes, lips, smile lines, cheeks, chin, and jowls.
IPL stands for “Intense pulsed light” which is a cosmetic skin treatment used to reduce the signs of aging and skin concerns, including reducing the appearance of scars, lightening darker patches of the skin and improving the appearance of spider veins.
BBL stands for ‘Broad band light” which is another cosmetic skin treatment very similar to the IPL, just a different machine. This cosmetic skin treatment used to reduce age spots (liver spots), sun damage, redness, broken facial vessels, wrinkles and over all dull skin.
Both of these treatments can be performed on all body areas, such as the face, neck, décolleté, chest, arms and hands.
Here at L-Aesthetics we use the SkinPen which is a micro-needling tool that uses sharp needles to create tiny holes in your skin. In response to these micro-injuries, your body produces collagen and elastin to heal the wound naturally. This treatment doesn’t use chemicals, heat or toxins to burn or remove layers of your skin or paralyze your facial muscles but does help the appearance of scarring, stretch marks, wrinkles, and texture of the skin.
Morpheus8 is another micro needling device that utilizes radiofrequency energy to remodel and contour the face and body via subdermal adipose remodeling. This fractional treatment penetrates deep into the skin and fat for a smoother and sleeker appearance to the face and body.
Do we accept insurance?
Unfortunately we do not accept any type of insurance but we do accept all forms of credit cards and are able to finance through Care Credit with 12 months interest free! Also we work with the Alle program, by Allergan which gives you points for EVERY service EACH time you come in. Those points accumulate to “free money” to use towards future Allergan services and products!
- Treatments available at our locations -See question above.
- Quality over quantity. -We have performed these treatments time and time again but really give each and every patient the quality time during an appointment to really understand the knowledge of the treatments they receive and give the best treatment specific to their concerns and needs.
- How involved is the supervising physician? -Dr. Billy Ledbetter is always at ONE of our locations at all times, and is in constant contact with each staff member throughout the day. He consults with each provider and approves treatments for patients.
- Type of products they provide. -We have all of the BEST medical grade skincare on our shelves including SkinMedica, SkinBetter, EltaMD, and ZO, as well as all of our Supplements from BioTE, Ortho Molecular, and more!
- Availability of subscription services-We are most likely able to get you in on the first requested appointment time, if not we do our best to work around things to accommodate you! We offer single services as well as monthly and yearly memberships to help save you the most money and get you in on a more frequent schedule!
If we have missed your question here we would be more than happy to answer yours so feel free to give us a call at (512) 505-8645 or email us at [email protected] and one of our staff members will give you an immediate response Monday thru Friday 9:30am-5:00pm.