Written by: Brielle Kirk, PA-C
Often, people can engage in lifestyle habits that make treatment time complicated and healing time longer. Make your appointment go a lot smoother and optimize your healing by following some of these recommendations!
Before your appointment:
– Do not have any dental procedures or vaccinations 2 weeks before injection appointment.
– Delay appointment if you have any bacterial or viral infections and wait until they fully resolve.
– If you suffer from cold sores, pre-treat with antiviral medication before appointment.
– Avoid blood thinning medications a week before appointment IF possible, such as aspirin or NSAIDs like ibuprofen.*
– Avoid fish oil, Vitamin E, and gingko biloba for 1 week prior to filler if possible.*
– Avoid alcohol consumption 24 hours before*
– Begin oral arnica the day before to help decrease the severity of swelling and bruising.*
After your appointment:
– Avoid makeup for 12 hours.
– Avoid strenuous exercise,
alcoholic beverages, extensive sun or heat exposure, and skin care products for 24 hours
– Extreme cold or heat for 48 hours. You can apply ice off and on immediately after injection to decrease swelling, but do not over-do it.
– Try to resist touching or massaging the area injected.
– Do not undergo any dental procedures within the following 2 weeks.
– Avoid important events for 7-10 days, as it can take swelling and bruising around this amount of time to resolve.*
– Apply Arnica to the bruised areas.*
– Drink lots of water, but not out of a straw especially after lip filler!
– After lip filler (and honestly in general), NO SMOKING OR VAPING!
*Can apply to Botox appointments as well!
Hope this helps and please call our office to schedule! We would love to see you in our office for a filler appointment soon!